As one of the longest rows of old buildings surviving in any major town in southern Africa, the quaint oak-lined Dorp Street in Stellenbosch exudes old-world charisma across its entire length. Blending in seamlessly with these surroundings, the Victorian-style Protea Hotel Dorpshuis & Spa radiates a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
Its position in Stellenbosch puts the hotel in the heart of the Cape Winelands, giving guests the opportunity to sample a wide range of South African wines at the many wine estates which surround the town. Strolling down Dorp Street will delight those who want insight into the fascinating history of the town. The town itself features many good restaurants as well as establishments with live music and entertainment.
The 30 rooms of the hotel are all individually decorated and furnished with antiques. A classic ambience and feel of yesteryear spread throughout the hotel thanks to an antique lounge, large log-fire, deep sofas, and the Oak Leaf restaurant which serves an authentic South African buffet breakfast. Drinks can be relished outside at the poolside or in the lounge.
- Situated on Dorp Street—one of the longest rows of old buildings surviving in any major town in southern Africa
- Warm and comfortable atmosphere throughout the hotel
- Its position in Stellenbosch puts the hotel in the heart of the Cape Winelands
- The 30 rooms of the hotel are all individually decorated
- The Oak Leaf restaurant serves an authentic South African buffet breakfast