From the rocky coastline of the Cape Peninsula in the south to the naked landscape of the Lowveld in the north, South Africa is a land of contrasts. You needn’t look further than the country’s two top cities for proof: effortlessly cool Cape Town is laid back and leisurely, while Johannesburg (South Africa’s own ‘city of gold’) is a buzzing hive of activity.
Similarly, the dense forests and lush wetlands of the Garden Route, skirting the warm Indian Ocean, couldn’t be more different from the stark beauty and humble fishing villages of the West Coast along the icy Atlantic. These contrasts and contradictions have helped (rather than hindered) South Africa, making it the ideal destination for a ‘combination holiday’.
The options are endless: combine an indulgent foodie getaway in the Cape Winelands with a Big 5 safari experience in the Kruger National Park. Experience the fast-paced energy of Johannesburg and then move on to the beaches, bushveld, and historic battlefields of KwaZulu-Natal. Or simply top off a relaxing seaside holiday on the gorgeous Garden Route with a malaria-free safari in the Eastern Cape. Whether you like it mellow or wild, South Africa guarantees you the ideal African experience you’ve always wanted.
- The perfect destination for a ‘combination holiday’
- Experience Africa’s Big 5 (lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, buffalo, and rhino) on a safari in the Kruger National Park
- Marvel at the grandeur of mighty Table Mountain in Cape Town
- Work on your tan on a tranquil beach getaway along the gorgeous Garden Route
- Indulge your inner foodie at the award-winning wineries and restaurants of the Cape Winelands