Durban is South Africa's self-styled 'playground'. Its year-round warm weather, sun-kissed beaches, and temperate cerulean waters encourage visitors to take advantage of KwaZulu-Natal's outdoor lifestyle. The city's diverse and colourful culture is reflected in its cuisine, architecture, and markets.
The 'Surf City' is renowned for its inviting beaches. Tackle the warm waters with a board, kite, snorkel, jet-ski, canoe, or fishing rod. Sun worshippers can stretch out on the golden sand and surrender to the salty breeze, accompanied by the sound of breaker waves and seagull cries. An extensive paved promenade connects the best of the beaches while uShaka Marine World’s aquarium displays its rich marine life and their water park provides endless entertainment.
Inland, the Valley of a Thousand Hills rises from the banks of the Umgeni River and preserves the traditional Zulu lifestyle that visitors can explore and learn more about. Durban’s mall, the Gateway Theatre of Shopping, offers a 'theatre of thrills' with over 400 retail outlets and a variety of entertainment and dining options available. Venture to the top of the Moses Mabhida Stadium to see Durban’s skyline and take the plunge from the 106m-high arch that is home to the Big Swing.
- Durban’s sun-kissed beaches offer surfing, kitesurfing, snorkelling, jet-skiing, canoeing, and fishing
- uShaka Marine World aquarium offers glimpse into the depths of the sea along with entertainment from their world-class water park
- The Valley of a Thousand Hills is both beautiful and a preservation site of traditional Zulu culture
- Venture to the top of the Moses Mabhida Stadium to see Durban’s skyline or make the daring plunge from the 106m arch
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping has over 400 retail outlets as well as a variety of entertainment and dining