Canyon Roadhouse is decked out with all the paraphernalia of a roadhouse from a bygone era: a large red roof, rusty old Chevys and Fords, and a ‘pompstasie’ (filling station) bar—but with the Namibian twist of corky quiver trees and desert flora.
Canyon Roadhouse takes you up close to one of the world’s grandest masterpieces: the Fish River Canyon—the largest canyon in Africa. Enjoy a guided excursion to the canyon viewpoints, hike the 3-4 day canyon trail, or embark on the 4x4 Wildebeest Route to view desert fauna on the grassy plains. It is most magnificent to marvel at the sunsets from the rocky hilltop above the lodge.
The innovation and humour continue with an international truck serving as the reception desk, and the cabs of several cars functioning as fireplaces in the chilly months. 22 generous rooms (19 Twin, one Triple, and 2 Family Rooms) are positioned around courtyards, which makes the Roadhouse comfortable and charismatic. The lodge has a swimming pool, a campsite, and a lovely restaurant and terrace to enjoy specialities like Amarula cheesecake.
- Only 14km from the largest canyon in Africa—the Fish River Canyon
- 22 expansive rooms (19 Twin, one Triple, and 2 Family Rooms) positioned around courtyards
- Enjoy guided excursions to the canyon viewpoints, 3-4 day canyon trail hikes, and the 4x4 Wildebeest Route drive
- Swimming pool, campsite, and a quirky roadhouse bar
- Restaurant and terrace offering African specialities