Kasane, Botswana’s gateway town, lies on the banks of the Chobe River. Only a few kms away from Africa’s 4 corners - the point where Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe meet, Kasane is the ideal spot to start or end your trip to Botswana. Kasane’s convenient and easily accessible location mean it’s inevitable that most travellers will pass through it at some point… and they should, as Kasane is without a doubt the access point to some of Africa’s most famous attractions.
Kasane has some particularly famous neighbours, namely the Chobe River, the Chobe National Park, the Zambezi River, the Kazuma Forest Reserve, and Zimbabwe’s magical Victoria Falls. Game drives, walking safaris, river cruises, and day trips to Victoria Falls are all at your fingertips, only a short journey away. Both the Chobe River and the Chobe National Park have some of Botswana’s highest numbers of wildlife. The park is renowned for having the highest concentration of elephants in Africa that tend to congregate at the river. Aside from being the gateway to the National Park, Victoria Falls is only a hop, skip and a jump away! Called ‘The Smoke that Thunders’ by locals, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is the largest waterfall in the world - a truly spectacular sight.
Dotted with lodges, an assortment of accommodation is waiting to welcome visitors to Kasane, the administrative centre of the Chobe District. Kasane Airport is the closest airport to Chobe National Park and is only minutes away from the town, making Kasane one of the most convenient and accessible safari spots imaginable.
- Near the Four Corners where Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Zambia meet
- Can be used as a base to do day tours to Chobe and surrounding areas such as Victoria Falls
- Daily flights from Johannesburg, Gaborone, and Maun to Kasane
- Neighbours include the Chobe River, the Chobe National Park, the Zambezi River, the Kazuma Forest Reserve, and Victoria Falls.
- Game drives, walking safaris, river cruises, and day trips to Victoria Falls are easily accessible