Sitting pretty on the banks of the Zambezi River, and frequented daily by local wildlife is Chiawa Camp. Undoubtedly one of the finest camps in Zambia and winner of numerous high profile awards over the years, this family-run camp established in 1989 by the Cummings family remains under their proprietorship to this day. A superbly slick operation, it's very difficult to find a flaw in the setup.
Chiawa Camp offers one of the fullest activity rosters of all the camps in the Lower Zambezi National Park. Game drives, informative bush walks, canoeing excursions, fishing expeditions, river safaris and even star gazing! With a team of highly qualified guides the activities are informative as well as fun and exciting.
The fine selection of 9 seriously Luxurious Tents offer uninterrupted views of the river, open plan bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers and ball and claw baths. Egyptian cotton linens, unexpected luxuries and ample comforts make it hard to leave your tent! A beautiful thatched lounge and bar area along with an alfresco dining deck, open camp fire and swimming pool comprises the other lodge facilities.
- An award winning safari camp on the banks of the Zambezi River showcasing the glory of Lower Zambezi National Park
- Land and water based safari activities
- Family owned and run operation with emphasis on five-star service
- Award winning guiding team facilitate informative and fun safari experiences
- Luxurious tented camp with all the amenities and facilities you could desire