There are many lodges and camps that allow you to experience Africa’s majestic Big 5 - but none of them offer the exclusivity, luxury, comfort, and convenience you’ll get at Shamwari Eagles Crag. Not only is this five-star eco-lodge located in the malaria-free Eastern Cape, but the reserve is hailed as one of South Africa’s finest when it comes to game-viewing experiences and conservation efforts.
The Shamwari Game Reserve spans about 25,000-hectares of malaria-free bushveld and is home to Africa’s Big 5. Thanks to Shamwari’s expertly trained rangers, you stand a good chance of spotting any number of these majestic creatures - yes, even the endangered black rhino - on the reserve’s insightful game drives and walks. Guests can also visit Shamwari’s two big-cat sanctuaries and wildlife rehabilitation to learn more about the reserve’s conservation efforts.
Accommodation consists of 9 Suites, sleeping a maximum of 18 guests in total. All Suites come with air conditioning, a mini-bar, a private deck and pool, and indoor and outdoor showers. Adding another layer of luxury and comfort is Eagles Crag’s Relaxation Retreat which includes two therapy rooms, a hydro bath, and a sauna.
- Situated on the 25,000-hectare malaria-free Shamwari Game Reserve
- Experience Africa’s Big 5 with the guidance of expertly trained game rangers
- Five-star luxury: all 9 Suites come with private decks and plunge pools
- The Eagles Crag Relaxation Retreat offers personalised treatments
- Top eco-credentials: Shamwari is home to two big-cat sanctuaries and a wildlife rehabilitation centre
- An exclusive stay, with a maximum of 18 guests at the hotel at a time