Picture this: a beach house that somehow manages to pull off five-star luxury. Sounds impossible? At Birkenhead House in Hermanus, this is exactly what you’ll find - Great-Gatsby-style elegance that doesn’t take itself too seriously, retaining that laid-back aura you want from a beach retreat.
But what makes Birkenhead House truly unique is its ideal location on a clifftop overlooking Walker Bay, Hermanus’ whale-watching hotspot. Every year southern right whales venture into the waters of Walker Bay to calve and this event attracts thousands of whale-watchers annually. At Birkenhead you have the advantage of front-row seats to this spectacle from the hotel deck. Plus, two of Hermanus’ best beaches are a short walk away!
Accommodation at Birkenhead House is nothing if not luxurious and consists of 2 Standard Rooms, 3 Luxury Rooms, 4 Superior Rooms and 2 Deluxe Superior Rooms. All the five-star trimmings are here - en-suite bathroom, complimentary mini-bar, Wi-Fi, television and tasteful furnishings. Drinks and meals are included in your stay. Top your stay off with a massage or a body wrap at the Birkenhead Spa. If the weather is fine, you can even enjoy your massage outside - with the waters of Walker Bay stretching out before you.
- Perched on a clifftop overlooking Walker Bay, Hermanus’ whale-watching hotspot
- 11 Rooms - ranging from Standard to Deluxe Superior with all the five-star necessities
- Close to two of Hermanus’ best swimming beaches
- The Birkenhead Spa offers a range of treatments - with a view to Walker Bay
- Top-notch food and drinks are included in your stay