Southern right whales seasonally perform graceful breaches to the delight of the world’s only whale crier, who promptly alerts the whole of Hermanus to the presence of these gentle giants of the deep. 138 Marine Beachfront Guesthouse gives guests a front-row seat to Walker Bay and its migratory inhabitants and is only a stone’s throw from the town centre, its beaches, nature reserves and wine route.
When whales aren’t making their way to and fro along the coastline, visitors can shark-cage dive in Gansbaai, play a round of golf at Hermanus or Arabella Golf Course, or simply enjoy leisurely strolls along their cliff walk, in their nature reserves or on their beaches. Take a boat safari out to Dyer Island to spot the Big 5 of the sea.
One of few guesthouses on the beachfront, 138 Marine has 6 elegantly decorated and well-appointed Suites. Some have patios and balconies while others have sea and mountain views. Enjoy a full English Breakfast from the lounge or deck of this award-wining guesthouse, which has panoramic views of the ocean.
- Each room has under-floor heating, heated towel rails, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, on-site parking and an electronic safe
- Only an hour and a half from Cape Town and Africa’s southernmost tip, Cape Agulhas
- The nearby Hemel-en-Aarde Valley is home to nature trails and wine farms
- Front-row seat to all of the marine action in Walker Bay
- Town centre is a short drive away