Found at the point where the Indian and Atlantic Ocean meet, Agulhas Country Lodge is a charming stopover along the South African coastline. The sloping hill on which it is found offers panoramic views of the ocean at the Southernmost tip of Africa.
As with most countryside stops, a host of unique attractions are found in the winding country roads that connect a community of historical towns. Along with the usual favourites such as ancient wine routes, golf courses and a collection of nature reserves offering exceptional birding and scenic beauty, try something different such as exploring the sea caves of Arniston, visit the Bredasdorp Shipwreck museum or climb to the top of one of the oldest lighthouses in South Africa.
The 8 individually decorated Guest Rooms at Agulhas Country Lodge are simple and homely, reflecting the ethos of this family-run establishment. Each room is fitted with all the standard fixtures one would expect of a four-star lodge, as well as lovely balconies with views of the ocean. Honeymooners and those celebrating a special occasion are advised to consider the Zoetendal or Brederode Rooms both fitted with a Jacuzzi.
- Conveniently located to discover the Southernmost tip of Africa
- Nearby a number of interesting and unique attractions
- A good halfway point between Cape Town and Knysna along the Garden Route
- Family run operation lets you feel like a local and affords the best knowledge on the area
- In-house bar, cigar lounge and restaurant all with ocean views