In the prestigious suburb of Thesen Island, in the lagoon-bound town of Knysna, The Turbine Hotel & Spa is a unique five-star boutique hotel waiting to be enjoyed. What makes it so unique, is that it used to be Knysna’s wood-fired turbine power station. Lovingly restored, The Turbine Hotel now has a certain modern, industrial mystique, as most of the primary components were left intact and form an integral part of the hotel’s theme.
Accommodation includes 17 Standard Rooms, 6 Luxury Rooms and a Honeymoon Suite. All have their own individual décor and art, flat screen TV, DVD player with full DVD library, internet facilities, bathrooms with separate bath and shower, fully stocked mini-bar with fridge and a tea/coffee station.
Indulge in the delicious cuisine at Tapas Bar, Island Café or Pool Deck. Lounge in the inside courtyard, immerse yourself in a book from the library, browse the wine cellar or cool down in the rim flow pool. Don’t miss out on a treatment at the Amani Spa and visit the concierge for any assistance you need planning your daily activities.
- Located in the upmarket island-style suburb of Thesen Island, Knysna
- Views over the waterways and Knysna Heads make for a serene experience
- Within easy walking distance of many trendy shops and restaurants on the Island
- On-site facilities and services of a five-star standard
- Unique history and décor of the building makes for an interesting stay