Standing beneath Table Mountain, the Mount Nelson Hotel is the stuff of Mother City legend, tracing back its history to a time when high-class extravagance was held in the highest regard. The hotel’s staggering reputation for elegant opulence still draws the famous and affluent to its storied halls and exquisitely maintained gardens.
Partake in the signature Mount Nelson high tea and nibble on some of the locally-inspired snacks and treats. Apart from the traditional pastimes in the hotel itself, its position in the heart of Cape Town means that guests have direct access to modern activities including restaurants and bars along the fashionable Kloof Street, and clubs on the buzzing Long Street.
With 198 Rooms and Suites to choose from, guests will have the option of everything from elegant Deluxe Rooms, through historic Garden Cottage Suites, to the grand and luxurious Presidential Suite and its marbled entrance hall, private dining room and expansive bedroom. The contemporary comforts on hand in the hotel are endless, whether it’s heated swimming pools, a boutique, a fitness centre, activity centres for children or even a hair salon.
- Cape Town’s iconic pink-hued luxury accommodation and a storied institution
- Staggering reputation draws in the famous and the affluent
- Renowned for its indulgent high tea
- 198 Rooms and Suites of varying luxury to choose from
- Despite its old-world elegance, the hotel has a massive variety of contemporary comforts and is in proximity to all the modern pleasures of Cape Town