Though game drives in open-sided, canopied safari vehicles are the main game viewing activity, you'll have the option of going on bush walks or horseback rides in the company of experienced guides. A variety of dining experiences, including sundowners on lantern-lit dunes, boma dining, and mountain lookouts under umbrella thorn acacias are also available. Tswalu guests are in search of rarity, adventure, privacy, and inspirational travel. Something off the beaten-track. The Tswalu experience also offers guests the platform to participate in one of the biggest conservation projects in South Africa.
Tswalu Motse accommodates guests in nine 'Legaes', which is a Tswana word meaning "small house". Each 'Legae' is made from stone, red-sand clay, and thatch from the Kalahari area and boasts an en-suite bathroom, open fireplace, private sun-deck with a stunning Kalahari view and other amenities. Three of the legae have been designed as spacious double suites (Motse family suites) with 2 separate bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, connecting to a luxurious separate living room, and are perfect for parents travelling with minor children.
- Set in the Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve, South Africa’s largest game reserve
- The reserve has a high and varied animal population – there is always something new to see
- Open 4x4 safari vehicles afford some of the best photography opportunities around and are booked privately for stays of 3 nights or more
- Accommodates up to 24 guests in nine Suites
- Luxurious, elegant suites, each with an open fireplace and private sun deck
Southern Kalahari, Kuruman
Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve, Northern Cape, 8460
- Swimming Pool