When it comes to game-viewing, Madikwe not only has the Big 5, but also cheetah and the African wild dog. During morning or afternoon game drives, guests can look forward to sightings of a wide variety of wildlife, including mountain reedbuck, oryx, sable, eland, zebra and up to 350 species of birds. Game drives are done in open game-viewing vehicles and led by trained rangers, delivering a world-class interpretative experience of the bush.
Accommodation consists of 20 Deluxe Suites, each featuring intimate sitting areas and outdoor seating on the expansive covered decks leading to the inviting, private plunge pools. The bedrooms come with circular fireplaces, spacious dressing areas with mini-bars and large bathrooms with twin hand basins, large bathtubs, indoor and outdoor showers, and private bathrooms. There are also several fireplaces both inside and outside with pizza ovens for a fun, unique dining experience.
- At 76,000ha, Madikwe Game Reserve is one of South Africa’s largest game reserves
- A huge diversity of animals, including over 300 species of bird
- Luxurious suites with a great mix of features and more to be found around the lodge
- Children are welcome and there is plenty for the little ones to do
- Situated in a malaria-free reserve and easily accessible by road or air
Madikwe Game Reserve
Madikwe Game Reserve, North-West Province
- Internet Access