Situated on a small hill, with only the apexes of the thatched roofs visible among the trees, Kichaka Lodge looks out over a large water hole in the Lalibela Game Reserve in South Africa's temperate Eastern Cape. This lodge is the perfect fusion of intimate accommodation and an authentic and personalised safari experience.
The Eastern Cape is quickly becoming popular for malaria-free big-game safaris. The temperate climate and gently undulating hills lend themselves to excellent game-viewing, thanks to fewer trees, no malaria and better vantage points. Game drives and nature walks offered by Kichaka are some of the best around. The reserve is teeming with rhino, cheetah, lion, elephant, buffalo, hyena, hippo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, many species of antelope and a host of fascinating nocturnal creatures. When not out on safari, be pampered at the on-site spa facilities.
Ten exclusive luxury chalets dot the hillside and are appointed with hotel-like luxury and amenities: full en-suite bathroom, private deck, under-floor heating, air conditioning, heated plunge pool, lounge, mini-bar, internet access and 24-hour room service. Indulge in all-inclusive local cuisine, prepared by an expert chef and served with a collection of award-winning South African wines.
- Situated in the Kichaka Private Game Reserve, home to a wide variety of wildlife species
- Guided game drives and bush walks provide an intimate and exciting safari adventure
- With only 10 exclusive luxury chalets, staying at Kichaka is always a highly personalised experience
- Luxury accommodation with great amenities and plenty of much appreciated extras
- The nearby waterhole can be observed for hours from Kichaka’s own viewing deck
Grahamstown, Eastern Cape, 6148
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Business Centre
- Secure Parking
- Conference Facilities