Gondwana bears witness to the wraparound views of the Langeberg and Outeniqua mountains, home to many different animals. Game drives may yield sightings of giraffe, hippo, zebra, cheetah, numerous antelope species and, if you're lucky, the elusive black rhino may also be spotted. For something a little different, numerous golf courses are within easy reach of Gondwana, as are a number of beaches and coastal towns such as Mossel Bay and Knysna.
A number of beautiful Bush-Lodge Suites and Villas make up the accommodation on the reserve. The stand-alone suites draw inspiration from the Khoi-San tribe and are spacious with their en-suite bathrooms, fireplaces, sky-lights for star-gazing, deep baths and private patios. In search of something a little more intimate? The villas are an ideal choice for families or groups of friends thanks to its slightly separate location, fully equipped kitchen, built-in barbeque area, and expansive wooden decks. Alternatively, opt for the ultimate slack packing adventure where your belongings are moved daily between the three luxury tented camps on Gondwana's Pioneer Trail, allowing you to experience the dramatic Fynbos landscape and wildlife on foot.
- Offers a luxurious malaria-free Big 5 safari experience
- Private game reserve along the Garden Route – just four hours’ drive from Cape Town
- Perfect base of operations from which to explore the Garden Route and surrounding towns
- Game-rich reserve offering plenty of thrilling wildlife encounters
- Both the bush lodge suites and stand-alone villas are extremely comfortable and well-appointed
Garden Route, 4 hr drive from Cape Town
Mossel Bay, Western Cape, 6500
- Curio Shop
- Plunge Pool