Families craving a kid-friendly safari close to Cape Town need look no further than Gondwana Family Lodge in the Karoo. Only three hours from the Mother City, this lodge truly has something for every member of the family.
Situated on the 54,000-hectare Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, Gondwana offers guests a special "Kids on Safari" programme which includes guided walks, visits to San rock art sites, face painting and more. While the kids are exploring, have a drink at the bar area or let your hair down with a relaxation treatment in one of the therapy rooms. Activities for the entire family include game drives, nature walks, water safaris, birdwatching and stargazing. Animals such as lions, leopards, white rhinos, hippos, ostriches, elephants and giraffes roam these Karoo plains – and the reserve is home to more than 200 species of birdlife.
The lodge has 12 Luxury Suites with their own private decks, king size beds, underfloor heating and Wi-Fi. The premises includes a child-friendly swimming pool, an outdoor boma dining boma, children’s playroom and a gift shop.
- The special "Kids on Safari" programme makes this a great getaway for families
- Game drives, guided walks, stargazing, water safaris and more for the whole family
- 12 Luxury Suites with private decks, Wi-Fi and underfloor heating
- Seven recorded San rock-art sites on the reserve
- A paradise for birdwatchers with over 200 species of birdlife recorded here
Montagu, Western Cape, 6720
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- 24 Hour Security
- Secure Parking
- Kids Club
- Spa Facilities