Days revolve around morning and evening game drives in the Balule grounds – look out for the Big 5 as well as crocodile, hippo, zebra, giraffe, spotted hyena, warthog, impala, Sharpe’s Grysbok and kudu, to name a few. If you’re lucky, you may be able to spot the African wild dog, cheetah, and honey badger among other shy creatures. In between delicious meals and game drives, guests can cool off in the pool, relax at the outdoor lounge and look out for birds and game from the viewing deck.
Standard Rooms and Luxury Suites are available, all with air-conditioning or fans, tea/coffee facilities and en-suite bathrooms. Luxury Suites have private plunge pools, sun decks, minibars and outdoor and indoor showers. After a full day, fall asleep to the sounds of the Limpopo bush.
- Located in the private Big 5 Balule Nature Reserve, sharing unfenced borders with Kruger
- On the banks of Olifants River
- Limited luxury accommodation offering an intimate safari experience
- Amazing bird watching and game viewing, including the Big 5
- Top-notch facilities including a pool, deck, bar, outdoor lounge, dining area, viewing deck and Wi-Fi
Billy's Lodge & River Lodge
Kruger National Park, 1380