The glittering Indian Ocean waters languidly lap the palm frond-littered shores of the kilometre-long and 500m-wide islet forming part of Mozambique’s Quirimbas Archipelago. With only 12 exquisitely adorned villas to be found on the entire island, Anantara Medjumbe Island Resort & Spa showcases the secluded island getaway of your dreams.
Medjumbe Island, along with 11 other islands in the archipelago, makes up the 750,000ha Quirimbas National Park. Its warm waters and secluded islets protect coastal forests, mangroves and coral reefs. Visitors to this tropical treasure trove can expect to enjoy a vast plethora of water-based activities, including snorkelling, diving, fishing, water-skiing, Hobie cat sailing, sea kayaking, wakeboarding, tubing and stand-up paddle-boarding.
From the refreshing plunge pool or swaying hammock of your boutique villa to its beachfront surroundings, guests will be mesmerised by panoramic ocean and island views. Spend the day picnicking and sunbathing at the nearby Quissanga Island, take in the sunset by traditional dhow, and dine on freshly caught crab, calamari, lobster and fish at Jahazi restaurant with a menu arranged to satisfy both adventurous and conservative diners.
- Located on its own island with only 12 villas
- Boasts a spa, restaurant and lounge and library, with Wi-Fi access in public areas
- Guests can custom-make their own three-course menu with the guidance of the chef
- Whale watching is popular between July and October, while bird watching is available all year round
- 45-minute flight from Pemba to Medjumbe Island’s landing strip – a convenient 2min walk to the resort
Medjumbe, Cabo Delgado Province, 0000