Often forgotten next to its neighbour, Johannesburg, Pretoriais nonetheless a great add-on to a South African itinerary with plenty to do. The Protea Hotel Hatfield is the perfect host for guests visiting the city and is conveniently located close to numerous attractions such as various business centres, sports stadiums, shopping malls, and entertainment and restaurant venues.
Hatfield is abuzz with a thriving nightlife and social scene thanks to its proximity to the University of Pretoria—more commonly known as Tuks, or Tukkies. Other points of interest include the Union Buildings with its distinctive architecture, panoramic views of the city, and perfect terraced gardens which are also the official seat of government in the country. The nearby Voortrekker Monument honours those who made the Great Trek two centuries before and is a distinctive landmark in the city.
The Protea Hotel has an impressive 119 Standard and Deluxe Rooms. Each room has an en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, a safe, and LCD satellite TVs. Guests can choose between Standard Rooms with Twin, Queen, and King beds. On-site amenities include a bar, swimming pool, restaurant, babysitting service, and secure parking.
- Pretoria is home to the Union Buildings, the seat of South Africa’s government, and the iconic Voortrekker Monument
- Located in Hatfield, a trendy suburb known for its flourishing nightlife and social scene
- Each room as an en-suite bathroom, Wi-Fi, safe, LCD satellite TVs, and air-conditioning
- The hotel has a bar, restaurant, swimming pool, babysitting service, and secure parking area
- Johannesburg is just one hour away