Lodge Afrique is nestled in the coastal village of St Lucia, flanked by the St Lucia Estuary – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – and the warm breaks of the Indian Ocean’s waves. This part of Kwazulu Natal, often dubbed the Elephant Coast, combines magnificent beaches, lush tropical forests, mountains, and bushveld. This is a veritable playground for beach bums, nature lovers, and outdoorsmen.
Visitors are spoiled for choice in St Lucia. Embark on hippo, crocodile, or turtle nesting tours, snorkel in subtropical reefs, take a boat out deep-sea fishing or indulge in a lazy kayak along the estuary. Guests can enjoy game drives and ocean safaris in the park, walking trails in the surrounding area, or travel a short distance to nearby Big 5 game reserves for a day of game-viewing.
Lodge Afrique is a B&B with 8 en-suite and free-standing thatched units, set on the floor of a lush tropical garden. Linked by elevated wooden walkways to the main lodge, all chalets have air-conditioning, outdoor showers, and a patio; and guests have the choice of king-size, queen-size, or twin-beds.
- St Lucia Estuary is some 80km long and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- It has over 500 species of bird and 4 of the Big 5 and offers land and boat safaris
- There are Big 5 game reserves nearby that offer day trips
- Lodge Afriqué has barbeque, laundry, and room service facilities along with satellite TV and Wi-Fi
- Other activities nearby include golf, tennis, squash, and quad biking