Like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, uShaka Marine World awaits at the end of Durban’s Golden Mile, ready to offer up its watery pleasures to those who seek it out. Within its 16 hectares of beachfront property, all things water-related intermingle to create a world where dinner is spent in a re-creation of a cargo ship with an aquarium full of fish for company.
At uShaka visitors do not simply look at the marine life—rather they are surrounded by it as they walk through the tunnels of the fifth largest aquarium in the world. The fun never stops as people slip and slide down an endless network of water slides at the Wet ‘n Wild theme park. Visitors can get their blood pumping as they tremble in fear at the biggest collection of sharks in the southern hemisphere.
The kid-friendly environment of uShaka Marine World is icing on the cake when it comes to the fun that can be had at the resort. In addition, Staff and trainers at uShaka are fiercely dedicated to protecting the health and wellbeing of their resident marine life and this is evident in all shows available.
- Home to the fifth largest aquarium in the world
- The Wet ‘n Wild theme park features a variety of water slides and other activities
- Houses the biggest collection of sharks in the southern hemisphere
- Features a restaurant housed in a re-creation of a cargo ship, surrounded by an aquarium
- Safe, clean, and child-friendly environment
- The animals at uShaka are well taken care of with the dolphin shows incorporating movements performed by dolphins in the wild rather than the traditional circus-like shows of other resorts