Family-run and passed down through four generations, a visit to the Lion Sands Private Reserve is a delectable treat as the More family - after decades of first-hand experience - show visitors the African bush as they experience it. Lion Sands combines homely hospitality with luxury and exclusivity in a reserve that is situated in the iconic Kruger National Park.
Lion Sands is the only private reserve that can boast access to the Sabie River snaking through its territories. Vast numbers of the 5,000-hecatre reserve’s wildlife wander along its banks and wallow in its cool depths. The indomitable Big 5 are found in high concentrations while an array of endangered reptiles, mammals, and birds find solace along the river banks and in the confines of the reserve.
There are two intimate lodges in Lion Sands and guests have the added benefit of accessing the Kruger’s game-abundant roads. A variety of activities are available including Game Drives, Bird Watching outings, and Bush Walks as well as wildlife lectures, hippo tours, full-moon walks, and star-gazing. Thrill-seekers can enjoy helicopter tours over the Blyde River Canyon and balloon safaris offering magnificent views of the Kruger area.
- The environmentally-conscious and family-run Lion Sands reserve promises a homely and personal safari experience – with a variety of added luxuries
- Part of the Kruger National Park
- Spanning 5,000ha, Lion Sands is home to part of the leopard-abundant Sabie River and high populations of the Big 5
- Birdwatching, star-gazing, game-drives, hot-air ballooning, and helicopter flights are just some of the activities possible with Lion Sands
- The reserve has been passed down through four generations in the More family