In the remote and untouched Ugab Terraces, travellers will come across a 35m-high pillar of sedimentary rock. Vingerklip, as it is known, watches over the nearby Vingerklip Lodge. Lying in the heart of the Kunene region between Etosha National Park and Swakopmund, this is a superb base for those stopping over and those wanting to explore the vast and wild plains of the surrounding area.
One of the most impressive sedimentary rock formations in Namibia, Vingerklip is located only 1km away from the lodge and can be visited on an informative guided walk. A nearby farm also hosts impressive rock formations, while three waterholes in the surrounding area offer excellent wildlife viewing.
11 double unit Bungalows are spread along the hillside and house the lodge’s 22 en suite bedrooms. Each unit boasts a private terrace while the main lodge’s sheltered verandah is the perfect place to witness the splendour of a Namibian sunset with a cocktail in hand. The lodge’s restaurant is known for its gourmet cuisine and fine wine selection.
● One of the most impressive sedimentary rock formations, Vingerklip is 1km from the lodge
● Halfway between Etosha National Park and Swakopmund making it a great base from which to explore the Kunene region
● 3 waterholes dotted around the 16,000ha private reserve offer great wildlife viewing
● Each of the bungalows boast their own private terrace
● On-site restaurant serving local-inspired dishes