Samburu Game Lodge has comfortably shouldered its legacy of authentic safaris for over 35 years from the banks of the Uaso Nyiro River. This well-oiled machine provides endless excitement as the Samburu National Reserve displays a fabulous spectrum of birdlife and wildlife that come to drink at the riverside.
Morning and evening game drives provide ample chance to come face to face with one of the ancient prides of lion who have dominated the land for centuries. Mid-morning nature walks offer a relaxing escape into the wilderness to catch a glimpse of a hornbill, kingfisher or even the majestic Fish Eagle. When the sun reaches its zenith, it is time to escape the heat and have a refreshing swim, grab a book and sip on an ice cold beverage.
Samburu Game Lodge’s 61 en-suite Rooms are simple, spacious and comfortable. Décor reflects the classic bush camp with dark wood and traditional art, contrasted by neutral tones. Most importantly, every room has full river frontage from a private patio, ensuring that guests will always have the chance of spotting a visitor to the river’s bank.
- Long legacy of authentic, traditional safari
- All rooms have river frontage
- Different kinds of foliage in the area lend to excellent bird viewing
- Interesting cultural activities such as traditional dancing are available
- Rare species including Beisa Oryx, Reticulated Giraffe and Grevy’s Zebra