On the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River in Buffalo Spring Game Reserve, you will find Ashnil Samburu Camp. The game reserve gets its name from the permanent oasis of clear spring water located at the western end of the reserve. This water draws vast herds of game and flocks of birdlife to its banks, making it a haven for wildlife enthusiasts.
Game drives are conducted by highly experience driver guides in 4x4 safari vehicles. Guided nature walks and specialised bird tours can be taken in the reserve. Lectures on wildlife conservation and Kenyan culture are often given at the lodge and evening entertainment will provide insight into the world of the Samburu people.
30 Luxury Tents of varying configurations make up the accommodation. Each tent has an en suite bathroom, dressing area, sitting area, and views on to the Ewaso Nyiro River and surrounding landscape. Meals are served buffet-style in the open dining area in the main building. The lounge and bar provide the perfect spot for pre- or post-dinner drinks and a souvenir shop and swimming pool with sun deck make up the other facilities at the camp.
- Home of the ‘Special Five’: reticulated giraffe, Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, beisa oryx, and the gerenuk
- Rich cultural and community attractions, from local villages to dancing and food
- Guided nature walks and specialised birdlife walks
- Permanent and natural Buffalo Springs draws animals from far and wide
- The amazing topographical features of this area form part of the Great Rift Valley