Said to be inspired by the stately manor which made up the set of the classic film ‘Gone with the Wind,’ the Merwida Country Lodge is an opulent affair. Its dramatic driveway beckons you towards its impressive entrance hall characterised by high pressed ceilings and gilt details.
The backdrop for this elegant mansion is a wine estate just minutes outside the charming town of Rawsonville in the Breede River Valley, home to an impressive 13 wine cellars in a radius of only 10 kilometres. Wind your way through vineyards and cellars on your bicycle as you make your way along the scenic cycle routes scattered throughout this picturesque town.
The Merwida Country Lodge offers its guests a choice of luxurious suites, each individually decorated to act as a perfect counterpart to the gilt details and high pressed ceilings of the building. Choose from the luxurious and spacious Honeymoon and Luxury Suites or the more affordable Standard and Family suites. The classically themed banquet hall can seat up to 130 people and is the perfect venue for a grand conference or magnificent wedding.
- Merwida’s magnificent banquet hall is the perfect venue for a conference or a wedding
- Minutes from the charming town of Rawsonville, home to an impressive 13 wine cellars in a radius of only 10 kilometres
- Choose from a variety of individually decorated suites
- A dramatic entrance awaits as you make your way into the impressive entrance hall
- Spectacular views of the Breede Valley from the pool