Dripping in Victorian elegance and intriguing period pieces, Hacklewood Hill Country House is one of the few remaining Victorian manor houses in Port Elizabeth. Intricate stained-glass doors and polished wooden floors and banisters showcase the grace and charm that this country house has retained for more than a century.
The manor house is set in a lush English garden in the leafy suburb of Walmer, and the manicured grasses beckon for a stroll accompanied by birdsong. Try your hand at tennis or croquet on the lawn, and take a dip in the shimmering pool. The city of Port Elizabeth is also full of fascinating and fun activities, from historical museums and shopping, to safaris and seaside sports.
Luxury abounds in 8 en-suite rooms, the Victorian Age perfectly captured in pastel blues and pinks, or deep reds and browns, each with private balcony. Chandeliers and crystal goblets welcome you to the five-star restaurant whose dishes have won fine dining awards and should not be missed. The Hacklewood wine cellar is a delightful underground treasure trove—sample imported champagnes and vintage reds.
- Set in the lush green suburb of Walmer in Port Elizabeth
- 8 deluxe en-suite rooms of Victorian style and elegance, each with private balcony
- Croquet and tennis facilities, as well as shimmering swimming pool
- Fine dining restaurant with award-winning cuisine and silver service
- Fun activities around the city—museums, shopping, beaches, and nearby wildlife reserves