The Cavern Drakensberg Resort & Spa is a family resort and a family-run establishment which has been going for over 60 years. Situated among the mountains, forests and streams of the Northern Drakensberg on a private reserve adjoining the Royal Natal National Park, it is the perfect place to get away from it all.
Taking its name from the Cannibal Cavern, an overhang above the hotel, the region has an interesting history reflected in the carvings and Bushman paintings still on display among its natural attractions. Guided hikes and horse riding, mountain bike trails and trout fishing are just some of what you can do here while special programs and nannies ensure youngsters are entertained. There is even a 9-hole golf course and adventure centre down the road, while the Forest Spa can be sought out for some pampering.
A choice of Standard and Superior Rooms and Superior Suites in various configurations (including family-friendly options) make up the accommodation. Superior options include TVs and bar fridges. The main building includes various spaces to relax, a well-stocked wine cellar and delicious wholesome cuisine will fuel your adventures here.
- A family resort is affectionately known as ‘The Resort of Many Happy Returns’
- Adjacent the Royal Natal national Park and the Amphitheatre World Heritage Site
- A range of outdoor pursuits and child-friendly activities
- A number of room configurations with several options for families
- The Forest Spa offers relaxing treatments in a tranquil forest setting