Bantry Bay is perched on the reclining slopes of Lion’s Head, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and a rocky shoreline. Touted as one of the Atlantic Seaboard’s most exclusive suburbs, the bay’s deep turquoise waves beat against the rocks, spouting white spray at the feet of the suburbs fashionable apartments and contemporary houses.
Although Bantry Bay doesn’t have a beach of its own, the white, sandy shores of Saunders Rock are just on the border of the bay. Its striking granite rocks block the wind allowing for uninterrupted sunbathing and a refreshing swim in the ocean’s chilly waters (for those who can muster the courage, that is). The cosmopolitan shores of Clifton are just around the corner where well-bronzed bodies soak up the sun, sip cocktails, and toss the occasional Frisbee.
Majestic Table Mountain and its cableway are within easy driving distance as is the vibrant city bowl. The V&A Waterfront offers temptation and indulgence with over 400 retail stores selling international and national brands, ritzy restaurants catering to every palate and entertainment opportunities galore. Other attractions include the Two Oceans Aquarium and 50m high Cape Wheel that offers a bird’s eye view of the Mother City.
- Saunders Rock beach lies just on the border of the bay. Its granite rocks block the wind allowing for uninterrupted sunbathing and swimming
- The cosmopolitan shores of Clifton and Camps Bay are just around the corner
- Table Mountain and its cableway are within easy reach as is the bustling CBD
- The V&A Waterfront is a shopping, dining, and entertainment mecca
- There are a number of accommodation options to be found in Bantry Bay