Southern Sun Maputo is situated on Maputo’s beachfront, with palm trees fringing the property where it merges with the eggshell-coloured sands. The country’s rich Portuguese heritage flows through the contemporary décor, and personalised hospitality accompanies each guest throughout their stay.
Board a dhow to Inhaca Island to snorkel its coral reefs and swim in the cerulean waters. Meet Maputo Elephant Reserve’s gentle giants or stroll through the Louis Tregardt Memorial Garden. Delve into the colourful markets overflowing with spices and fresh produce. Indulge in some island-style spa treatments or practice your backswing at the golf course.
The hotel consists of 269 rooms, each complete with en-suite facilities, mini-bar, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, electronic safe, and wakeup facility. Many rooms boast spectacular views of the vast ocean and pristine beach. The Evolve Restaurant serves innovative dishes inspired by the region’s ties to the ocean, blended with spices and flavours from the culture-rich city. Dine al fresco by the poolside or recline with a cocktail at the Deco Lounge & Bar.
- Only 7km from the Maputo International Airport
- Snorkel and swim Inhaca Island’s waters
- The Maputo Elephant Reserve offers wildlife viewing and 4x4 terrain
- The markets are colourful, chaotic, and dish out fresh produce and spices
- Hotel consists of 269 rooms, each complete with en-suite facilities and geared to make your stay comfortable