Kizingo Beach Resort is found on Lamu Island - off the coast of Kenya - and can be reached by a half-hour boat ride from Mombasa Coastline. Taking pride of place at one end of a secluded 12-kilometre beach, this ‘no news, no shoes’ resort is the island escape you have been yearning for.
Try your hand at fishing, take a guided cycle ride, or visit the historical town of Lamu (a UNESCO World Heritage site). Snorkelling, sunset dhow trips, bush walks, and kayaking are all on offer too. At the end of the day, relax at the bar with a specially mixed local cocktail. From November to April, you’ll even have the option of swimming with dolphins.
With only 8 hand-crafted Bandas, the experience is exclusive. All Bandas have high thatched roofs, shady verandas, and views to the beach. Plus: the Lamu swing bed on your verandah is irresistible! Dining is to-die-for at Kizingo, with a family of keen foodies running the show. At this on-site restaurant, fresh seafood and locally grown produce together with freshly baked bread and yummy desserts are the order of the day.
- On a 12-kilometre stretch of unspoilt beach on the island of Lamu, just off the Kenyan coast
- Stay in one of only 8 traditional Bandas built to blend with the environment
- Engage in a number of activities on site - or just soak up the sun
- Visit the village of Lamu, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Swim with the dolphins in the true sense of the words