Londolozi Founders Camp is one of five Londolozi camps dotted along the Sand River within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Tucked between Pioneer Camp and Private Granite Suites, Founders Camp has a laid-back, sociable atmosphere that’s ideal for families seeking to experience one of the world’s best safaris.
The magnificent wooden dining area and viewing deck at Founders Camp overlooks the Sand River. The elevated dining sala has a dramatic 270-degree river views and incredible vantage points are a common theme running throughout the entire lodge. Every morning after the game drive guests are offered the opportunity to enjoy a fascinating bush walk. Explore the Sabi Sand Game Reserve on interpretive wilderness walks led by experienced rangers or expert Shangaan trackers, and learn more about the area’s intriguing fauna and flora. There are also world-class facilities available such as a yoga deck, a cub’s den, a professional photo studio and a fitness centre.
Each of the camp’s 10 Superior Chalets is designed to take advantage of the elevated position above the river and the beauty of the environment. Furnished with African flair and earthy textures, each suite has beautiful decks, outdoor showers, a private plunge pool and a sala.
- Relaxed and intimate, ideal for families with children ages 6 and over
- Occupies over 16,000 hectares, one of the largest portions of lands in Sabi Sand
- Prime, elevated position above the Sand River
- Setting the standard in eco-tourism
- The Londolozi camps and reserve have been voted best in Africa by Condé Nast Traveller