At Honeyguide Mantobeni Camp, all the barriers between the visitor and the environment have been stripped away. Designed to reflect an explorer’s Africa, this tented camp is nestled in a grove of Tamboti trees overlooking a riverbed.
Game drives and bush walks take place in the 23,000 hectare Manyeleti Game Reserve. Morning and evening game-tracking drives in open vehicles effortlessly and safely bring you into close contact with the Big 5. Highly experienced guides take you on foot to bring the magic of the bush with its myriad of busy insects and resplendent bird life into clear focus.
The 12 Tents are comfortably furnished with double or twin beds and soft leather couches. Each tent leads on to its own bathroom with concrete bath, double shower and separate toilet. The lodge main areas comprise of a large sitting area, indoor and outdoor dining areas, as well as a complimentary bar including a climate-controlled wine cellar stocked with a wide range of fine South African vintages. Wildlife visiting the nearby waterhole can be seen from the swimming pool deck adjoining the reception area.
- Experience Africa in the most raw and natural way – by living out in the thick of it
- Enjoy game drives, walking safaris, bird watching, animal-tracking and more
- Delicious homemade dinners served around log fires and illuminated by torches
- 12 Tents with king/twin size beds, en-suite showers, baths, basins and separate toilets
- Insect repellent and mosquito nets are available to all guests