Whether you’re heading on to the Kruger National Park or catching a connection to Cape Town or Durban, chances are you’ll have to pass through Johannesburg: South Africa’s ‘City of Gold’ and gateway to the remainder of the country’s attractions. A stay at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice in trendy Melrose Arch puts guests smack-bang in the centre of this vibrant and exciting city.
Melrose Arch can be found in Sandton, undoubtedly Johannesburg’s social scene hub. Attracting high-fliers, celebrities, and all manner of upper echelon clientele, the suburb is the place to see and be seen. Home to high-end retail outlets, exclusive boutique stores, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs—visitors to the area will find themselves endlessly entertained.
Old Hollywood glamour oozes throughout the hotel against the backdrop of famous faces such as James Dean and Audrey Hepburn. Sip on a cocktail in the restaurant or bar, or otherwise work up a sweat in the fitness centre and swimming pool. The hotel’s Standard Rooms, Suites, and Universal Access rooms each come standard with a laptop-friendly safe, LCD flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, desk, air-conditioning, telephone, tea/coffee making facilities, and en-suite bathroom.
- Located in one of Johannesburg’s most exciting and vibey suburbs—Sandton
- Endless entertainment opportunities nearby
- The hotel has a restaurant, bar, fitness centre, swimming pool, and undercover parking facilities
- Universal Access rooms are available along with their Standard Rooms and Suites
- Located in the lifestyle centre, Melrose Arch