Set in an unspoilt area of winding vlei lines and river systems that bleed into riverine forests and woodlands, Kanga Pan is the only water source in the area sustainable throughout the year. As such, wildlife make the pilgrimage to its still waters to drink their fill. It is here, in one of the most remote areas of Mana Pools that Kanga Camp is situated – promising guests utter seclusion and an intimacy that comes with only 6 luxury tents.
An hour drive brings you to the Zambezi floodplains for a gentle paddle or a challenging fishing excursion. The Big 5 sightings include a resident lion pride that never strays too far, while the occasional wild dog can also be seen scouting the area. While exploring the pristine landscape on foot, guests will cross paths with herds of elephant and buffalo trekking across the plains.
The walk-in Meru-style tents are spacious, comfortably furnished, and come complete with a quaint verandah, with the Family Tent featuring its own private dining and seating area. The en-suite bathroom facilities include a flushing toilet, outdoor shower, and basin with views of the waterhole.
- As the only permanent water source in the area, Kanga Pan is a constant hive of wildlife activity
- The camp is situated in one of the most remote areas of Mana Pools
- Utter seclusion and an intimacy that comes with only 6 luxury tents
- Zambezi floodplains offer sightings of the Big 5 and wild dogs
- Spacious walk-in Meru-style tents