From the tentative plains game and flitting birds, to the big cat carnivores and buffalo herds up to 500-strong – all wildlife make their way to the lodge’s waterhole to drink their fill. However, all give way to the colossal large-tusked bull elephants or ‘tuskers’. Watch the elephants wade into the water, spray water from their trunks, and play-fight on the muddy banks. Experience the exhilarating rush as you get close to them on walking safaris, or see them trek across the plains on game drives.
The 7 elevated Treehouse Rooms and 2 grand tented Presidential Suites are designed to wrap guests in privacy and style. The thatched central dining area, fully-stocked bar, and comfortable library all command views of the active waterhole and swimming pool, which is a cooling retreat from the mid-day heat.
- Herds of elephants move in seasonal migration from Botswana’s dense feeding areas, to the Hwange National Park in search of its waterhole
- The whole lodge commands views of the waterhole frequented by wildlife throughout the day
- Game drives and walking safaris bring you in close proximity with the wildlife
- Cultural visits to the surrounding area
- Each of the rooms and suites are designed to wrap guests in privacy and style