Found in Zambia’s largest reserve, and one of the largest in Africa, Busanga Bush Camp offers an intimate stay in prime Kafue National Park game-viewing territory. Named for the Busanga Plains, the camp is a great base for exploring this grassy region of floodplains and channels more reminiscent of the Serengeti than Zambia’s usual bush.
While water levels vary, the area is a year-round wildlife destination attracting plains species including lechwe, puku, roan and oribi and is famous for its lion viewing. This is also Zambia’s best location for cheetah and among the best for wild dog. Nearly 500 species of birds round out this appealing package which is taken in with day and night game drives. Mokoro excursions (water levels permitting), guided bush walks, and balloon safaris may also be available.
The camp comprises just 4 en suite Tents with verandahs and plenty of rustic appeal. The east-facing main area with lounge and bar affords an excellent vantage for the sunrise, particularly during the dry months, while meals are typically enjoyed al fresco beneath a romantic lantern chandelier.
- Located in the expansive 22,400km² Kafue National Park
- Can be conveniently reached by charter flights
- Overlooks the wildlife-rich Busanga floodplains, a contrast to the usual Zambia bush
- Area is known for its lion viewing and offers some of the best odds for cheetah and wild dog in Zambia
- Exclusive camp comprising just 4 en suite tents