Forget the yoga studio. If inner peace is what you’re after &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge offers it in spades. Innovatively designed to marry glass-and-wood minimalism with African authenticity, the lodge’s 16 Suites are an exercise in eco-sensitivity and ‘Zulu Zen’.
Tucked away in the Phinda Private Game Reserve’s rare sand forest, the suites were built to protect the environment rather than intrude upon it. Private viewing decks overlook the grassy plains awhile the tall torchwood trees surrounding each suite guarantee seclusion. The Big 5 and over 380 species of birdlife roam the rolling grassland stretching out in front of your suite – and they can be spotted on any of the lodge’s day and night game drives, walking safaris, and river cruises.
All suites are air-conditioned and the lodge has a rim-flow swimming pool. The Pan-African cuisine is served at the boma while breakfasts and dinners can be enjoyed in the wild while on safari. The beaches of the St Lucia Wetlands (a World Heritage Site) are a short drive away, and in the months of November to January, the endangered leatherback and loggerhead turtles breed on its shore.
- 16 Suites are innovatively designed to protect the rare sand forest environment
- Private viewing decks and natural seclusion ensure an intimate experience
- Minimalist design married with African authenticity to pave the way towards ‘Zulu Zen’
- The Big 5 and over 380 species call the Phinda Private Game Reserve home
- Endangered leatherback and loggerhead turtles breed on nearby beaches from November to January