With the mist-laden Rwenzori Mountains greeting you every day from the comfort of your cottage overlooking a verdant lake, guests at Ndali Lodge will feel far removed from the strains of real life. From here, visitors are in prime positioning to explore the nearby Kibale Forest National Park and other attractions in the area such as the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary.
Kibale Forest is renowned for hosting the largest concentration of chimps on the continent, while its community-based neighbour, Bigodi, is a birders paradise with twitchers able to see African Grey Parrot, Black-billed Turacos, and the Yellow-Billed Barbet among others. The 1,000 acre farm on which Ndali Lodge is located is also overrun with exciting pastimes, from kayaking and swimming in the lake below to guided walks and historical and day tours in the surrounding area.
Ndali Lodge’s 8 en-suite cottages have magnificent views of the mountains and lake below — best appreciated from the comfort of your verandah. If a dip in the lake seems like too much of a walk, visitors can cool off in the swimming pool. Other onsite amenities include a sauna, bar, and yoga pagoda.
- Kibale Forest National Park is 45 minutes away.
- Enjoy walks on the 1,000 acre farm and visit the Ndali Vanilla processing plant or Muhoma Falls
- Surrounded by banana plantations, crater rims, tiny villages, and coffee terraces
- Primate, bird, and butterfly paradise
- Swimming pool overlooking mist-laden valleys in the distance and dinner with a view is taken to a whole other level
- Cottages can accommodate families