At Bwindi Safari Lodge 8 stone and tile Bandas offer accommodation tucked into the lush greenery of Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park with jutting terraces looking out to the bird-adorned forest canopy. The north western Buhoma area is home to 3 habituated mountain gorilla families providing magical gorilla trekking opportunities while chimpanzees are also secreted away in this leafy terrain.
Aptly named ‘impenetrable’, this primordial forest is over 25,000 years old and recognised as a world heritage site thanks to its incredible biodiversity. Most notable is the shelter it still provides to around half of the remaining global population of mountain gorillas. Guided expeditions seek out these magnificent creatures although at Bwindi Safari Lodge a regularly visiting gorilla family may just come to you.
Guests can also visit neighbouring communities to uncover the intricacies of traditional Batwa Pygmy life and take forest walks sure to reveal an array of the 350 bird and over 200 butterfly species found here. After your jungle adventures you can return to the comfort of the lodge’s cosy bar and dining area or indulge in a soothing massage at the spa.
- Part of the &Beyond portfolio
- Main lodge comprises a cosy bar and dining area and offers Wi-Fi access
- Gorilla and chimpanzee trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Onsite spa provides an array of soothing treatments
- Lodge is run on eco-sensitive principles, providing responsible luxury