Among the few lodges found within Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Buhoma Lodge offers quality comfort in accordance with eco-conscious principles. Wake to awe-inspiring views of the forest canopy while the meeting point for gorilla trekking is conveniently close at hand.
Host to an incredible variety of fauna and flora, this primordial rain forest is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a tantalising prospect for would-be explorers. It is also here that half of the global population of the endangered mountain gorilla make their homes. While gorilla tracking is the main attraction, and deservedly so, chimpanzee trekking, forest walks, cultural interactions with local communities and bird watching are also on offer in this natural wonderland.
The lodge’s 10 Cottages come in double and twin configurations and each feature mosquito proofing, en suite bathrooms, and verandahs overlooking the forest. Self-service tea and coffee is on offer throughout the day and also forms a welcome part of your early morning wake-up call. An elevated lounge with fireplace, bar and dining facilities as well as a gift shop, internet corner with plug points, and massage room make up the main lodge facilities.
- Located within the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park in Uganda
- Proximity to the meeting point for gorilla tracking
- Eco-lodge using gravity-fed water and solar power
- Accommodation in 10 spacious Cottages with en suite facilities mosquito proofing and private verandahs
- Cosy lounge, bar and dining area, gift shop, massage room and internet corner