Found in a remote but enviable part of the Maasai Mara National Reserve, Singita’s Mara River Tented Camp stays true to its name with unobstructed views of the Mara River. Here, safari-goers will have a front-row seat to one of the most exciting spectacles of the Great Migration: the strenuous crossing wildebeest undertake through the crocodile-infested waters of the Mara River.
The Great Migration is a seasonal journey undertaken by scores of wildebeest, zebra, and gazelle, whose overwhelming presence has caused the Maasai Mara and Serengeti ecosystems to become a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here, onlookers can marvel at the perennial cycle of life that unfolds on this tract of African landscape. Year-round, the area surrounding the Mara River is known for sightings of the Big 5 and its high concentration of cats.
Mara River Tented Camp’s main lodge is decorated in a colour palette that pays homage to the local Maasai. Its 1-Bedroom Tents and Family Tents give off a dreamy, bohemian quality thanks to the drapes of canvas and netting that adorn its interior.
- Remote location off the grid with the nearest airstrip 1hr away
- Located on the northern banks of the Mara River in a remote location
- 4X 1-bedroom Tents and 2X Family Tents (sleeps 2 adults and 2 children)
- Children’s activities as well as babysitting services are on offer
- Main camp boasts a plunge pool and complimentary Wi-Fi