Hidden away on the slopes of the Olmoti Volcano, The Highlands has crafted a new kind of camping experience. This stylish and contemporary sanctuary offers the Big 5 safari experience and safari activities that have made the Ngorongoro Conservation Area famous. This haven blends Maasai culture with modern comforts in their domes mimicking traditional village homes.
The Highlands is located on the fringes of a mountain forest just north of the Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site home to the largest intact caldera in the world (not to mention an abundance of wildlife). The crater’s floor is home to the likes of serval, lion, leopard, giraffe, and a host of Africa’s other well-known inhabitants. When not enjoying game drives, explore the terrain on foot with hikes to nearby volcanoes or down to the crater floor along ancient Maasai trails.
The eight canvas-and-glass domed suites are comfortably equipped with en-suite bathrooms, a fireplace, and king-size bed creating a glowing atmosphere and cosy interiors. The suites are also well set apart ensuring maximum privacy. Triples rooms are available on request.
- Game drives and excursions into the Ngorongoro Crater are must-dos
- Stay in one of the stylish canvas-and-glass domed suites set 15-20 metres apart for maximum privacy
- Remote location on the slopes of Olmoti Volcano, offering exclusive activities to the area
- In-room wood-burning fireplace and in-room solar/generator power
- Families with children aged 5 and older are welcome