From the outside, Long Lee Manor appears to be locked in time, caught in a bygone era of stately manor houses with manicured gardens and front-yard fountains. Set in the eponymous Shamwari Game Reserve, this luxury lodge overlooks the sweeping plains that roll down to the Bushman’s River below. The view is second to none, doubly so when the golden sun is setting over the distant hills.
The safari experience in Shamwari Game Reserve is both thrilling and informative. Morning and afternoon game drives with a personal game ranger take you all over the reserve, exposing you to the flora and fauna of the region. For a more personal experience, guided walking safaris allow for a closer look at animal tracks and plants growing closer to the ground. Bird-watching is another popular activity, with a large range of raptors and water-based birds to find and capture on camera.
15 Suites of various sizes make up the accommodation on offer at Long Lee Manor, each tastefully decorated with a mix of old-world and current styles. Each one features an en-suite bathroom with separate shower, air conditioning, satellite TV, and a private mini-bar.
- Edwardian architectural gem, decorated in a mix of old and new styles
- Set on a high point in the Shamwari Game Reserve, with a splendid view of the surroundings
- Thrilling game drives, walking safaris, and frequent bird sightings
- Long facilities include 2 swimming pools, a conference room, and a sauna
- Private wine cellar with a fine selection of local flavours