Styled after a traditional African kraal (several thatched huts enclosed by a fence), Lobengula Lodge is tucked away in a valley in the 25,000ha Shamwari Game Reserve. This malaria-free safari destination boasts the Big 5, the Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary, and the Ian Player Rhino Awareness Centre, and is little over an hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth Airport.
When not enjoying twice-daily game drives in hot pursuit of the Big 5, guests can enjoy walking safaris, picnic lunches in the bush, sundowners at resplendent viewpoints, and sleep-outs under the stars. Lobengula Lodge is fiercely committed to numerous green initiatives, reflected in the fresh produce served and the conscious-living facilities on offer including their tsala mediation deck, yoga studio, fitness room, and Sanctuary offering holistic therapies.
With only 3 Junior Suites; 2 Junior Suites with a private plunge pool; and the Chief Suite boasting a plunge pool, lounge, and fireplace; guests can rest assured that the villa’s attention to detail is unparalleled. All suites feature air conditioning, an en-suite bathroom, private patio, minibar, and international adaptors and telephones.
- Big 5 destination with a number of wildlife sanctuaries and rehabilitation centres on-site
- Game drives, photographic safaris, bird-watching trips, and bush walks are every-day occurrences
- Has a library, wine cellar, gift boutique, central media centre, and Wi-Fi
- An intimate safari with 6 suites only accommodating 12 guests
- Green initiatives, fresh produce, and a holistic environment including a yoga studio and meditation deck
- Only an hour from PE Airport