If you want to treat your family to an ultimate South African safari without roughing it too much, Tuningi Safari Lodge should top your list. Situated on the malaria-free 75,000ha Madikwe Game Reserve, Tuningi is a five-star lodge where young and old are guaranteed a chance to see the Big 5.
Morning, afternoon, or evening game drives all offer a chance of spotting the Big 5 and others. It’s not just Madikwe’s malaria-free status that makes it family-friendly. Tuningi has a special programme for kids under the age of 5: shorter game-viewing trips, treasure hunts, and interactive dinners are just some of the activities children can enjoy. Experienced babysitters and child-minders can also be arranged on request.
Accommodation comprises 4 Luxury Suites and 2 Family Suites, sleeping a maximum of 16 guests in total. One Family Suite and 3 Luxury Suites can be found at the main camp, while Little Tuningi (a private camp) has one Family Suite and one Luxury Suite and sleeps 6 guests. Little Tuningi is separated from the main camp by a wooden walkway, and comes with its own plunge pool and boma.
- The chance to see the Big 5 in a malaria-free environment
- A special programme for kids younger than 5, and babysitters and child-minders available on request
- Five-star accommodation that sleeps a maximum of 16 guests
- Little Tuningi (sleeps 6 guests) is separate and can be booked as a private camp
- Dining room, bar, and rim-flow swimming pool at the main lodge