In the far northern corners of South Africa and lying near the fringes of its border with Botswana, Madikwe Game Reserve is home to 75,000ha of protected land, home to the Big 5 and a vast array of other free-roaming animals including the African wild dog, cheetah, and hyena. Royal Madikwe’s intimate lodge, accommodating only 12 guests at a time, promises a personalised and unique African safari.
Morning and evening game drives will no doubt reveal the reserve’s incredible residents, while star-gazing, photographic safaris, and drumming lessons are also on offer. Get a real taste of local culture by watching a Zulu dancing performance or be serenaded by a marimba band over dinner.
Guests at Royal Madikwe can choose from their Luxury Suites, Royal Villa, Honeymoon Suite, and Emperor Suite. All suites have Wi-Fi, air conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities, a minibar, and a safe. The Honeymoon Suite and Luxury Suite have a plunge pool, while the Honeymoon Suite has a hot tub. The Emperor Suite and Royal Villa are ideal accommodation options for families.
- Big 5 safari destination at an intimate and exclusive lodge
- Kids activities include arts and crafts, face and t-shirt painting, bush baking, doughnut decorating, animal tracking, African beading, and storytelling
- Day and night drives, photographic safaris, drumming lessons, and star-gazing are on offer
- Massages are available on request
- Guests can fly in to Madikwe’s landing strip or drive form Johannesburg or Pretoria
- The whole lodge can also be booked