Priding itself on having one of the best views in Madikwe Game Reserve, a holiday at Motswiri Safari Lodge will start off on the right foot straight away. The main building and its 5 Luxury Bush Villas are crowned by a halo of mature leadwoods and overlook a waterhole frequented by elephants and other large game—making game-viewing from the comfort of the lodge a high possibility.
The 75,000ha that now encompasses Madikwe Game Reserve was once used as farmland. Luckily for us, the soil was not quite right for agrarian activities. Instead, the farms were united and the land restored to its original state—allowing for the reintroduction of some of the continent’s most well-known inhabitants including the Big 5.
Guests can laze about in the main lodge’s dining room, lounge, and bar areas—or venture outside to the swimming pool and boma. All of Motswiri’s Luxury Bush Villas have en-suite bathrooms, outdoor rock showers, fireplaces, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, and private wraparound decks. The lodge welcomes individual bookings and also allows parties to book Motswiri out in its entirety.
- Intimate lodge with exquisite views located in Madikwe Game Reserve
- The lodge caters for individual bookings but can also be booked out for larger groups
- Itineraries can be tailored to the personal needs of individuals and groups
- Air shuttle to Madikwe is available from Johannesburg
- Madikwe is home to the Big 5 and a plethora of other wildlife