Thatched roofs and canvassed roll-up panels allow the outside in and lead onto expansive decks with plunge pools overlooking water holes or lush acacia woodland. Jaci’s Safari Lodge promises a top-class Big 5 safari in the renowned Madikwe Game Reserve in a tranquil environment, allowing its guests to soak up the very essence of the African bushveld.
The expansive 75,000ha wildlife sanctuary is home to an impressive population of animals including over 300 bird species and 66 mammal species. Guests can get up close and personal with these inhabitants on game drives, bush walks, and birding, conservation, and photographic safaris. Unwind with a massage from the Masala Spa while the young ones enjoy the games room – home to board games, foosball, and a table tennis table.
Jaci’s Tented Suites have viewing decks, mosaic baths, and outdoor showers. Its Safari Suite caters for large families and groups, and sleeps up to 8 people. The Nare Suite overlooks a waterhole and boasts a self-contained kitchen – ideal for the lodge’s chefs to cook up a sumptuous private meal for its 6 guests. This suite has a rock Jacuzzi and outdoor shower.
- 8 tented-style suites suitable for couples, friends, and families
- Big 5 safari destination where guests can enjoy bush walks and photographic, conservation, birding, and game-viewing safaris
- Indulge in the spa or games room
- Couples can spend a night in Jaci’s Star Bed in a hide under the night sky, overlooking a waterhole
- 4hr drive from Johannesburg, or a 55 minute flight from OR Tambo to the lodges airstrip